Barbecue sauce is good on almost everything. But a quick glance of the ingredients label on most brands reveals high fructose corn syrup and other yucky ingredients. Making homemade BBQ sauce always sounded a bit ‘extreme’ to me, but after tasting the Paleo BBQ sauce recipe from this cookbook–it became a no brainer.
We ended up making it so often that I had to find a way to make it in large batches and as quickly and easily as possible.
I’ve modified some specific ingredients and measurements for quick bulk prep, but if you are interested in her exact smaller scale recipe check out her incredible cookbook — which is hands-down my most frequently used one in my collection!
I buy all of my ingredients at Costco, so the sizes reflect specific brands you can find there. I literally open cans and just dump them into the pot….stir….boil…simmer….DONE!
We freeze what we won’t use that week and thaw as needed.
Another time saver is to use a giant measuring cup which helps cut down on dirty dishes + pieces. I use this item a ton in the kitchen for this single purpose. Anything to cut down on cleanup!!
We use this BBQ sauce in so many recipes including:
- Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Rooster Melt
- BBQ Meatballs
- 1 (105-ounce) can crushed tomatoes or tomato puree
- 3 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (45-ounce) jar raw honey
- 3 cups white vinegar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dijon style mustard
- 5 tablespoons homemade taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ) Pour all ingredients in a stock pot over low heat, stir to combine well
- ) Increase to medium heat and bring to a boil
- ) Decrease to low to simmer for 2 hours, or longer if you desire
- ) Store in air-tight containers for up to a week in the refrigerator, or several months in the freezer
MEAL PLANNING + SHOPPING
- Clean Foods Grocery Lists
- Weekly Meal Planner
- Freezer Inventory
GOALS & INTENTIONS
- Vision Board Goals + Strategies
- Monthly Intentions Sheets