This recipe is definitely one of my all time faves (and the kids too!). There is a dish at the Cheesecake factory that is to DIE for and includes most of these flavors with bowtie pasta and a heavy cream/butter sauce. It’s just one of those dishes you can’t stop thinking about…you know the ones? 😉
I wanted to create something that was similar in flavor and made with real-food ingredients. Honey, we hit the jackpot!
This recipe is completely gluten-free AND dairy-free.
- The cream sauce is made with Cashew Cream which is SUPER simple to make and is something I’ve started to keep on hand as a staple item. (You’ll want to prepare this before making the recipe)
- I used spaghetti squash as the ‘pasta’, which takes on the flavor of the rich, creamy sauce and adds some great nutrients. If you wanted more of a noodle texture, try these grain free fettuccini noodles or Capellas grain-free pasta (I’ve seen at Whole Foods).
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken 'Pasta'
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 package bacon, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 Onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce container organic baby spinach
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, packed in olive oil, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cups Cashew Cream
- ½ cup Chicken Broth, bone broth is best
- ¾ cup Frozen Green Peas, optional
- Grilled chicken breasts or thighs, optional
To Prepare Spaghetti Squash:
- ) To prepare the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 375. Cut squash in half length wise and scoop out seeds.
- ) Place both halves on a baking sheet (with inside of squash facing up) drizzle inside with avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- ) Bake at 375 for 30 minutes
- ) Remove from oven and use a fork to scrape squash to make noodles. Set aside.
- ) Meanwhile, In a large pan, saute bacon on medium heat until cooked through. Add onions, and saute until translucent (about another 1-2 minutes).
- ) Add garlic and stir continually until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- ) Add in spinach, then sun-dried tomatoes on top. Stir gently to combine ingredients until spinach softens and wilts down.
- ) Turn heat to medium low. Pour in cashew cream and bone broth, whisk to combine. Depending on how thick your cashew cream is, you may want to add more broth to reach your desired creamy-consistency.
- ) Add in frozen peas and spaghetti squash; stir until heated and cooked through.
- ) Top with grilled chicken if desired and serve.
Jenna this pasta is AMAZING! I crave it just about every day. Keep up the good work!