Comfort food with BBQ sauce + cheese is ALWAYS a win. These gooey cheese-stuffed BBQ mini meatloaves are amazing!
To make sure this recipe is as ‘clean’ as possible we use grass-fed beef, our own homemade spice blends, and our simple bulk BBQ sauce. I also love to use a raw cheddar cheese when possible (or at least organic). Most of the time you can find this at your local grocery store, but Trader Joes typically has a very well-sourced and reasonably priced cheese selection.
Since this recipe makes 8 mini meatloaves at a time, I typically cook 4 for dinner and freeze the other 4 for a quick future freezer meal.
This recipe is great paired with with assorted roasted veggies (especially potatoes), and a salad!
Mini Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Onions, chopped small
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach, rough chopped
- 1 Red Bell Peppers, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 (6-ounce) block White Cheddar Cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- ) Add avocado oil to a pan, and saute the onion and bell pepper until tender, about 2 minutes
- ) Add garlic and chopped spinach, combine and cook down until spinach is wilted and well combined
- ) In a separate bowl, place the ground beef, eggs, almond flour, and herbs/spices.
- ) Once the veggies have cooled, add them to the beef mixture and combine
- ) Separate the mixture into 8 even pieces and form into loaves
- ) Push down a piece of cheese into the middle of each loaf and form the meat around the cheese stick.
- ) Cover each loaf with BBQ sauce
- )Bake at 350 until internal temperature reaches 170, approximately 20-30 minutes
Leave a Reply