These are a fan favorite in our house. They are perfect for freezing and/or bulk cooking to morph into future lunches or dinner throughout the week. Check out some other creative meals to use these in below.
When chicken is on sale, take it as a cue to make these puppies 😉
A few tips:
- Setup your stations completely before you start breading the tenders
- I love the crispy crunch of the larger coconut flakes, but you can blend the flour mixture in a blender if you prefer a fine coating.
- Use one hand to do the egg dipping and your other hand for coating in the flour mixture. I’m always tempted to use both hands for both steps and end up with ‘breaded’ fingers. Continuos handwashing= added prep time (ain’t nobody got time for that).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
I make several pounds at a time and batch cook half of them (for future meals during the week) and freeze the other ones raw. To prevent sticking together and a big mess, I put them in the freezer on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a freezer size gallon bag once frozen.
The batch that I bake, I package up for the week and use in things like:
- Clean Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Chicken Salads
I also make a little extra dipping sauce to use in:
- Honey Mustard Salmon
- Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
- 3 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ cup avocado oil mayo
- ¼ cup mustard (I like stone ground)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ) Beat eggs in a dish and set aside
- ) In a separate dish, combine almond flour, coconut flakes, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside
- ) Dip the tenders in the egg wash, shake off excess egg, then roll in 'breading' mixture.
- ) Place tenders on baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil
- ) Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165.
- ) While chicken is baking, mix up sauce ingredients for dipping!